Breaking up through text messages is a lot easier than breaking up in person. Although breaking up this way is frowned upon, it is still one of the most popular styles of breaking up.
If you want to break up through text messages but don’t know what to write or how to begin, worry not. We have done all the heavy lifting and brain work for you. We compelled a full list of breakup text messages categorized into different groups depending on the reason for the breakup.
Below are the already crafted break up text messages suited for different situations. All you have to do is to copy, paste, and send. It’s that easy.
Break up text messages for him and her
For bad breakups
1. You promised you will always love me, you promised you will never hurt me. So why did you do it knowing it would hurt me this bad. I can’t continue this relationship any longer, I regret ever meeting you. Goodbye
2. I’m not mad at you. On the contrary, I’m grateful that you gave me the experience that will help me to avoid your kind in the future. Thanks for the lesson.
3. Loving you is the biggest mistake in my entire life, you bring out the worst in me and I no longer want to be in such a toxic relationship. It’s over.
4. I am glad I finally got to see the real you before we took this relationship to the next level. I am sorry but I can’t date you anymore.
5. My only crime was loving you. You took my love and gave me pain, sorrow and bruises. All I ever did was love you and tried my best to please you at all times, but I guess that isn’t enough for you. I can’t continue this way. It is over.
6. I no longer want to be in a relationship with you. Period!
7. Trust is like a glass, once broken it will never be the same again no matter what you do. I trusted you and you shattered it like it was nothing. There are no pieces to pick, let’s get the relationship over with.
8. You never trusted my feelings and my words no matter how hard I tried to prove them to you. I hope one day you will realize they were genuine, but I won’t wait around till then. Goodbye, I wish you best of luck
9. This relationship has gotten too toxic for both of us. I no longer want to be your girlfriend
10. I always knew you were bad for me, but I thought I could change you, I thought you could love me enough to change, but clearly, I thought wrong. It’s time to end things
11. Behind that pretty face of yours lies a monster I can’t imagine. You are the worst person I have ever met and I can’t stand being with you for one more second. It is over.
12. I want nothing to do with you anymore, don’t bother calling or texting, you won’t be able to reach me
13. Why am I always unlucky, falling for the wrong girls all the time? You are the worst of them all. I regret ever asking you out. I no longer want to be in this relationship
14. I am tired of all the arguments and nagging, let’s end it once and for all. It’s over
For peaceful breakups
15. This is very hard for me, that’s why I chose to say it through text as you won’t have the guts to say it in your face. Life with you has been amazing. I count myself lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend as you, but I no longer want to stay in this relationship, I want my freedom.
16. The truth is, I don’t love you anymore. I don’t want to lie to you, because you deserve to be treated with respect. You will definitely find someone who will treat you better. But I just can’t do it. I’m sorry. Goodbye
17. They say it takes two to tango, I guess they were right. You clearly do not want this relationship anymore. I am calling it off
18. I remember when the mere thought of breaking up with you used to shake me to my bones. But now, there is not a doubt in my mind that it is time to break up. It might take some time but I know I will get over you. Bye
19. I know it’s rude to break up through text, but I feel we have done enough talking and nothing more to say. Goodbye
20. This is my first break up, I don’t know what to say or do, but I know it has to end now. I’m tired of being taken for granted, I deserve a lot more than this.
22. Breaking up with you is as difficult as staying with you. I would rather choose the first option and save us both the time and energy.
23. Love means never having to say we’re sorry. I’m certainly not sorry that we met and fell for each other. It was a wonderful time, but all good things come to an end, and this is it for me
24. The truth is, we broke up a long time ago, we just didn’t want to accept it. This is me accepting reality, there is no “US” anymore.
25. All I ever wanted was to be loved by you for who I am, not for who you want me to be. But I guess that’s too much to ask from you. It’s over
26. I am sorry we can’t be together anymore, I pray you find someone who would love and cherish you like you deserve
27. You are too perfect for me, I knew it from the start. All I do is give you trouble and weigh you down, but not anymore. I want to give you back your freedom. Thanks for loving such a lost soul as myself, goodbye.
28. Love isn’t always about holding on, sometimes, there is also love in letting go . I love you, darling, and I want you to be truly happy with someone who’s better than me. I know that I made you suffer a lot and I want it to stop. Please, be happy without me.
29. Life will go on even when we are no longer together. I’m sorry this has to end. Good luck
30. I have no clue when, how, and why I stopped loving you. But, I am certain that I don’t love you anymore right now, this is a goodbye, please forgive me
31. While you slept beside me, I kept looking for the man I fell in love with, the man whose smile made my knee weak and kisses made me melt away. The more I looked, the less I saw. You are just a shadow of the man you once were. I can’t keep pretending I am happy in this relationship anymore. I need to find happiness again. Goodbye (name)
32. I met someone. Someone who loves me for who I am and not who they want me to be. I feel 10x better with him, I don’t have to pretend or feel bad for being me. You won’t be hearing from me again, I hope you move on too
33. Sadly, there are very few things that last forever and our relationship is not one of them. I’m glad we met and the times we spent together. But now it has come to an end. Thank you for everything and goodbye.
34. I hope he is able to give you what you are searching for because clearly I can’t give it to you if you are already up in his bed
35. I can’t believe you cheated on me after all I did for you. After all the sacrifice I made for you, the only way you could repay me is by seeking with my best friend. I don’t want to have anything to do with you again, never try to call me or I will call the cops on you.
36. Did you really think I wouldn’t find out about all the cheating and lies you have been feeding me with from the beginning of this relationship. I can’t believe I fell for such a conniving cheat like you. Good luck with your life.
37. I knew something was up the moment you started smiling around him, but I never knew you could stoop this low by sleeping with him. Goodbye (name) I wish you both worst of luck
38. I can’t continue with this relationship, you cheated on me and I can’t forgive you. It’s over
For gold diggers
39. You are nothing but a gold digger, you never loved me, the only thing you ever loved was my money. Can’t believe it took me this long to realize it. Goodbye and I never want to see your sorry ass near my property
40. For the records, you never love me, you only loved what you could get from me. But I won’t let anyone use me that way. I am officially calling off this parasitic relationship.
For long-distance relationships
41. The distance has finally caught up to us. The spark we once had is gone, our calls and chats feel more like formalities than lovers talking. There is no need for us to kid ourselves anymore, this relationship has reached its limit.
42. I am no longer happy in this relationship, maybe it’s the distance that has made our hearts drift so far apart. Maybe it’s because we stopped trying. It doesn’t matter now, I no longer want to continue in such an unhappy relationship
43. Before leaving, you made a promise to me that you would never forget me, you promised the distance would never break up apart. It’s been barely 3 months and you are already forming busy all the time. I will save you the stress of breaking up and do it myself. I wish you the best of luck over there. Goodbye.
44. Hi (name), I don’t think I am cut out for this whole long-distance relationship thing. I won’t be able to wait that long. Please forgive me for not saying it earlier, I honestly thought I could do it, but I guess I can’t
45. It’s funny how you can claim to love me and still play with my heart like it is nothing to you. I am done with your games, it’s over. I wish you the best of luck.
46. Everyone warned me about you but I didn’t listen and followed you like a fool. Now you have broken my heart in the worst way possible. I curse the day I knew you.
47. I am not a cheap toy you use and dump whenever you like. I have always loved you but it’s clear you don’t value my love.
48. It is obvious you are only playing with my heart, I guess that’s what I get for falling in love with a player. Too bad I had to learn the hard way. Goodbye (name)
49. I just need to get this off my chest. I’m not in love with you anymore. I don’t know if I ever was. I wanted to see for myself what all the fuss about love is all about. Now I have seen it, I know it’s definitely not what I want right now. I’m sorry for dragging you into this, please forgive me when you can
For toxic relationships
50. I promised you that if you ever raise your hands against me, I will walk out of your life and you will never see me. Well, this is me keeping my promise. Don’t bother looking for me again, it is over.
51. All we do is, fight, argue and shout at each other. There is no place left for love and understanding . let’s just end now
52. I am walking away because you are too busy finding faults in me and everything I do. While I have been covering your flaws for the peace of the relationship, but not anymore. I want us to break up now
53. There is nothing more painful than living in an unhappy relationship. It gives only disappointment, sadness, and depression. So, it’s the time to end the relationship before I lose my mind
54. I have had enough of your abuse, I want out of this hell hole called a relationship. I am done
55. I am tired of all the fighting and quarreling, this isn’t what I bargained for. I just want to be left alone. It’s over for good
For unhappy relationships
56. I am tired of pretending I am happy in this relationship when I am not. I have tried my best to be happy with you but I just can’t
57. I feel like I am slowly losing myself trying to keep this relationship going, I can’t continue this way, I need alone time to rediscover myself. I guess this is goodbye
58. I feel like we are moving too fast and I would like to take some time to process things and decide what I really want
For relationships with no future
59. There was chemistry no doubt. We had our share of joy and love. But, from the start, our dreams and goals have always been far apart and over the years it has created a big gap that is too wide to ignore. If we are to accomplish our goals, we must first let go of this relationship.
60. I am done wasting my time on a relationship that has no future. It’s clear you have no plans for us.
61. When a relationship feels more like a burden than a blessing, it should be broken. Our relationship has felt more like a burden for a while now. It’s time I let it go and free myself.
62. Thanks for showing me what true love feels like, you are the first person I have ever loved this deeply and may be the only one, but I feel like this relationship has come to its end as I no longer see a future for us
63. All I want to say is, we have a good relationship but I don’t see any future for it any longer. Let us end it now and say our goodbyes.
64. While writing this message, tears are rolling down my cheek. The day I had always feared is here, and ironically, I am the one doing the breaking up. I believe we have gotten to the end of this relationship, I no longer have the strength to go any further. Please forgive me for this but I want a breakup
65. Why waste more time when we both know this relationship has no future. Let’s breakup now and focus on meeting new people and potentially finding a happy ending.
66. I’ve realized that there’s more to me than loving you. I got so used to being your other half, and I completely forgot that I needed to be myself in the first place. I’m sorry, but we can’t see each other anymore
67. We have both tried our best to fix this relationship for some time now, but it’s now clear that there is nothing we can do to bring back the old times. I no longer love you or want to be in this dead relationship. Goodbye.
68. This relationship can’t work, we are too different and incompatible. No matter how hard we try, it will never work. I guess we should both save ourselves the stress and end it now.
69. I think we are too young to be in such a serious relationship, I want to have fun and explore other options as well. Sorry I didn’t tell you sooner, Goodbye
70. God knows I have tried my best to love you with every fiber of my being. If that isn’t enough, then there is nothing more I can do to please you, it’s best if we both go our separate ways now. Good luck.
71. You are an amazing girl and many guys would do the impossible just to have you, but I don’t think you are the one for me.
72. It is clear to me that what we have ain’t love anymore. The love has been dead a long time ago, we have been trying hard to keep this relationship afloat. I am tired of trying, I just want to get it over with once and for all.
73. We can’t save something that has already died. The only thing we can do is to let it go. Our love has died and it’s time to admit it and take another step. I want to be happy and I wish you happiness too, but it will never happen as long as we are together. That’s why we should break up. I’m really sorry
74. This relationship has no future, let’s not drag it any further. It’s best we end it in peace and move on.
Taking the blame
75. I don’t want to be that guy who stopped you from achieving your dreams, I love you way too much to that. I rather end the relationship now than allow you to not go after your dreams.
76. It’s all my fault that things turned it this way, if only I had listened more and paid more attention to you, then we probably won’t be in such a mess. I have made peace with the fact that I have lost you for good, I hope you find a man who is far better than I ever was
77. You know what? You were right! I’m selfish, cold, and a spoilt brat. But, you were wrong when you said I never loved you, because that’s what I have always done even if I am not perfect. But I can’t continue in this toxic relationship anymore
78. I hope you get a better boyfriend than I ever was. Please don’t ruin your perfect beauty crying over a douchebag as myself. You are beautiful, loving, and caring. It’s only me who don’t deserve such an angel as you
79. After what I did, I am covered in so much pain, guilt, and shame that I can’t stand to face you. I rather end things through this text. Goodbye baby.
80. You were right, there is nothing left between us. So this is the right time to say goodbye.
81. Don’t assume I’m breaking up because you are not attractive or that you are not enough. The reason is simply I am not worthy of your love anymore, I did something terrible that I can’t get past. I hope you will understand. It’s over.
82. I know you said you have forgiven me for cheating, but I can’t forgive myself for cheating on you. The guilt is killing me inside, you deserve better than me. Thanks for always loving me, I fucked up and I have to live with the consequences
83. There is no trust in this relationship. I can’t look at you the way I used to. I tried to trust you once again, but you aren’t helping either, you are still acting shady. I rather end things here before I get broken again.
84. I think we need a break and give ourselves time to breathe and know if this is what we really want.