How does it feel when someone other than yourself loves you for real without you first crawling and begging to be loved? There is a big difference between loving someone and feeling loved yourself. Those who have been truly loved before may not understand why anyone would be asking such a question.
But we live in an unfair world where love seems elusive to some. The more they try to find love, the further away from them love seems to be. There are people who have given all their hearts and souls all in the name of love but what they got in return is hurt, pain, and betrayal.
To such people, they may begin to have a distorted meaning of what the feeling of being loved is. That’s why I have taken it upon myself to clarify what it feels like to be truly loved.
Everyone feels love in a slightly different way, but here’s my view on what to be loved feels like based on my research:
1. Do you know that feeling of being wrapped around a warm blanket? That feeling of being home? That’s what being loved feels like. It’s like you are floating in a bubble of love, it keeps you so warm and keeps the negativities of the world out. It doesn’t really matter where you are, as long as you are with that person, you feel safe and at home.
2. Feeling loved makes you extremely happy, it can break a smile on your face no matter how bad your day is going. It fills the heart and soul with so much happiness and joy that it starts radiating all around you and becomes contagious to all those around you. This is the reason why you start craving to love and be loved when you see a couple glowing with love. Feeling loved adds an extra layer of happiness to your life no matter how happy you think already are.
3. It makes you feel lucky and damn grateful knowing that out of 7.8 billion people in the world, you stood out in someone’s eyes. Out of thousands of people in your area, someone thinks the sun rises and sets on you. Someone considers you a blessing, something positive to their life. It makes you grateful to God because this is more than just luck or chance. It was perfectly planned and orchestrated by God Himself.
4. Being loved makes you feel like you have superpowers knowing that your smile, a word, a tiny reaction from you could lift their mood and motivate them. The slightest sadness on your face can make the person willing to move the heavens and earth to wipe it off and replace it with a smile. Isn’t that a superpower?
5. The feeling of being loved is knowing that despite your flaws, bad moments, & misunderstanding, someone thinks you’re amazing..and “that someone” got your back no matter what happens.
6. Feeling loved is a bit scary. Most times you would catch yourself asking if this is all real. You would feel like its just too good to be true. Millions of people are in a constant search for what you already have, what if someone or something comes and snatch this precious gift from your hands. What if you wake up and realize it was all a dream? Feeling loved can be scary sometimes.
7. The feeling of being love is mystifying and magical. Most times you just can’t explain how it feels, you will have to take a second to think about it. Your brain tries its best to get a hold on that feeling so it can find a logical explanation for it. But no matter how you try to explain it, you just know it would never paint the true picture of what it feels like to be loved. The more you try to understand the feeling, the more mysterious it becomes. It’s just one of those things that are better felt than explained.
At this point, I would pass the pen over to you reading this article. I want to hear what you have to say about the feeling of being loved, so head over to the comment section and share your view with me and all my readers.