Have you ever had that one crush that even the unbeatable hands of time haven’t been able to make you stop crushing on that one person? What about someone who you crushed on years ago and you still get butterflies in your stomach with the slightest thought of him/her? Have you ever for once asked yourself what would have happened if only you had the boldness to make a move?
If you have such crush, then you are familiar with the “What If’s” questions.
- What if I made a move?
- What if he/she had a crush on me too?
- What if I tried to kiss my crush when I had the chance?
There are so many what-ifs, but that is all in the past and no need to cry over spilled milk. It isn’t over just yet, you can still make up for the lost time by being bold and do what must be done. But first, you have to reconnect with the old crush.
Reconnecting with your old crush can be sure a daunting task when you have no clue on how to do it. So today, I will be showing you how you can reconnect with your old crush, also how you can find out harmlessly find out if they were/are interested in you.
Steps to reconnect with your old crush
You can easily reconnect with your crush by following the below steps
1. Find a good medium of communication
The first step in reconnecting with your old crush is to find a reliable means to always reach the person. Such as their new phone number, current address, social media account, a current friend of the crush.
Let’s talk about finding any of the listed options above;
- How to get your old crush phone number: you can get the old crush phone number either through your google backed up contact (that’s if you used it back then) or you can get his number through a mutual friend you both share. The mutual friend may ask why you need the number, you can tell him you want to ask him for something or it is a surprise.
- How to find your old crush facebook account: there is hardly any person of this generation who doesn’t have a social media account. All you have to do is to dig the internet for there name and you would see their linked Facebook and other media accounts.
- How to get the current address of your old crush: To get the new address, you have to go to the old one. Pay a little visit to the last address of the person then find someone who can give you answers. It can be someone who moved into the old address or a neighbor who has been there during and after your crush lived there. Ask any of the persons you find where your crush moved to or where his family moved to.
2. Make the first memorable contact with your first crush
Now that you have a reliable means to reach out to your old crush, it is time to plan a clean and memorable reconnection moment. Do you want to reconnect with your old crush online or in-person?
If you want to reconnect with the person online, you can easily slide into their DM with a message like ” hi (crush name) it’s been such a long time”. When the person sees your message, he/she would click on your profile to know who you are. So if the person still remembers you, would reply by including your name. Something Ike
“Wow, (your name) its been a really long time, how are you doing?”
Now that you have reconnected, the ball is in your court.
For those who want to reconnect in-person, I suggest you make the first meeting as casual as possible. Don’t go acting all creepy or over starring.
Also, appear in the best version of the current you, the first impression matters a lot. But at the same time, it is very important you don’t give them the wrong impression of who you currently are. So be the best version of your current self.
3. Find out if your old crush also crushed on you
Now that you have finally reconnected with your old crush, why don’t you find out if the person had a crush on you back then or if the person has a crush on you now. I have personally used this trick a lot and it works every time, I also know others who have used it and it worked as well, so I am certain it will work for you.
In a casual conversation with your crush, playfully tell him/her of how you had a big crush on them back in the days. Now watch the person’s reaction, if the person asked why you didn’t say anything then, that’s a good sign and it means the person likes you.
But if the person makes a statement like “wow, I didn’t know”, change the topic because the person doesn’t like you in any way that matters and it will only feed the person’s ego of having a secret crush.